Sewer & Water Foreman
TerraBurst has built a rock solid reputation for quality workmanship, the utmost professionalism, and a no-compromises approach to underground infrastructure. We are searching for the newest member of our highly skilled team - an individual to support our Vision of "being a household name and the unquestionable "go to team" by becoming the new industry standard in trenchless technology in Western Canada".
TerraBurst is a brother(and sister!)hood. Every member of our team has a role and sees their own value. TerraBurst is not hierarchical, nor is it just a job – it is room to grow personally and professionally, it is a new standard in team conduct, and it is a place where everyone has your back.
We are looking for a Foreman with a minimum of five years' experience as a pipelayer or foreman. We are looking for a Foreman an established track record of client satisfaction, crew safety, and teamwork. This individual is the team leader and not surprisingly, has a direct impact on TerraBurst's success, safety record, reputation, and bottom line. The Foreman will support the President & CEO, as well as the crew, through coordination, execution, and planning.
- Train, mentor, and develop all colleagues to build a strong team
- Perform on-site coordination of manpower, materials, and equipment to complete the project
- Ensure environmental stewardship, and adherence to all regulations throughout the construction process
- Attend and lead project "Tool Box Meetings"
- Document all pertinent project information, including locates, safety considerations, employee concerns, equipment logs, driving logs, inspection notes, etc.
- Conduct initial and ongoing job safety assessments; report all incidents, near misses and injuries and implement changes to reduce reoccurrence
- Lead by example in ensuring company policies, core values and culture are being consistently achieved
- Respect for yourself, for your crew, for your customer, and for company equipment
- Highly ethical with a keen eye for quality workmanship
- Committment to human relationships - with your crew, and your customer
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and hand signals
- Proven leadership skills - leading, coordinating, organizing, and planning
- Detail oriented while working well under pressure
- Assertive and work well on your own, and within a team
Know-How and Industry Savvy:
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications, schedules and costing reports
- Thorough understanding of construction procedure and safety practices
- Extensive knowledge of proper equipment utilization, operation, and maintenance
- 5-10 years experience in a Foreman position
- 10 years of underground, water & sewer experience
- Understanding of contracts, asset utilization and costing