Heavy Equipment Operator / Labourer
TerraBurst has built a rock solid reputation for quality workmanship, the utmost professionalism, and a no-compromises approach to underground infrastructure. We are searching for the newest member of our highly skilled team - an individual to support our Vision of "being a household name and the unquestionable 'go to team' by becoming the new industry standard in trenchless technology in Western Canada".
We are looking for an excavator operator with sewer and water (or pipeline) experience, and with an established track record of client satisfaction, crew safety, and teamwork. This individual has a direct impact on TerraBurst's success, safety record, reputation, and bottom line. The Heavy Equipment Operator will support the President & CEO, Foreman, as well as the crew, through coordination, execution, and planning.
This position requires a minimum of 2 years experience as a heavy equipment operator.
- Highly skilled operation of heavy equipment safely and efficiently, to excavate and backfill trenches, perform site grading, load trucks, finish grading, work around utilities, etc.
- Lead by example in ensuring company policies, core values and culture are being consistently achieved
- Support and assist labourers / pipe layers / plumbers / foreman on site
- General job set-up, site clean up, and materials removal
- Support on-site coordination of manpower, materials, and equipment to complete the project
- Take direction and follow instructions
- Maintain a safe job site and keep a vigilant eye for safety hazards
- Support environmental stewardship, and adherence to all regulations throughout the construction process
- Attend and occasionally lead project "Tool Box" meetings
- Encourage positivity, while actively discouraging negativity.
- Self-disciplined and pro-active, with a willingness to take on responsibility
- Hustle, responsiveness, and admirable work ethic
- Respect for yourself, for your crew, for your customer, and for company equipment
- Highly ethical with a keen eye for quality workmanship
- Commitment to human relationships - with your crew, and your customer
- Detail oriented while working well under pressure
- Assertive and work well on your own, and within a team
Know-How and Industry Savvy:
- Sewer and water experience is a must
- Excellent communication, including verbal, written and hand signals
- Understanding of, and adherence to, construction procedure and safety practices