Experienced Pipe Layer
TerraBurst has built a rock solid reputation for quality workmanship, the utmost professionalism, and a no-compromises approach to underground infrastructure. We are searching for the newest member of our highly skilled team - an individual to support our Vision of "being a household name and the unquestionable 'go to team' by becoming the new industry standard in trenchless technology in Western Canada".
We are looking for a Sewer & Water Pipe Layer with a minimum of two years experience in sewer and water. We are looking for a Pipe Layer with an established track record of client satisfaction, crew safety, and teamwork. This individual has a direct impact on TerraBurst's success, safety record, reputation, and bottom line. The Pipe Layer will support the President & CEO, Foreman, as well as the crew, through coordination, execution, and planning.
- Lead by example in ensuring company policies, core values and culture are being consistently achieved
- Install PVC, HDPE, ABS, PEX pipe material as well as installation of manholes, hydrants, tee's etc.
- Ensure that pipe is on installed to City of Calgary specifications.
- Direct operators safely around underground utilities and overhead obstructions, ensure excavations are completed to OH&S standards of sloping or shoring.
- Assemble and install shoring and trench boxes.
- Support and assist other labourers / pipe layers / plumbers / foreman on site
- General job set-up, site clean up, and materials removal
- Support on-site coordination of manpower, materials, and equipment to complete the project
- Take direction and follow instructions
- Maintain a safe job site and keep a vigilant eye for safety hazards
- Support environmental stewardship, and adherence to all regulations throughout the construction process
- Attend and occasionally lead project "Tool Box" meetings
- Unrelenting positivity.
- Self-disciplined and pro-active, with a willingness to take on responsibility
- Hustle, responsiveness, and admirable work ethic
- Respect for yourself, for your crew, for your customer, and for company equipment
- Highly ethical with a keen eye for quality workmanship
- Commitment to human relationships - with your crew, and your customer
- Detail oriented while working well under pressure
- Assertive and work well on your own, and within a team
Know-How and Industry Savvy:
- Excellent communication, including verbal, written and hand signals
- Understanding of, and adherence to, construction procedure and safety practices
- Concrete (form, mixing, pouring), minor fill finishing, and basic landscaping
- Operate hand and power tools
- Proper lifting and transfer of heavy loads